CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Making a Mao Zhi

Jade has a new cartoon she loves on Nic*k Jr. and I have to admit it is pretty cool. I'm sure many of you have heard of Ni-h*ao Kai-La*n. It is somewhat like Dor*a except the main character is Chinese and teaches mandarin. Of course I love it and love for Jade to watch it and she has learned several words so far. Now they just need to come up with Chao anh Danh for my son and we would be set. I know I can order some stuff for both languages from Asia Ki*ds. Well we have been outside a lot lately because the weather has been great! Today Jade was saying, "Make a hat!" because on the show they make mao zhi (mandarin for hat) out of things in nature so here is a picture of Jade's mao zhi. She loved it and wore it for hours.



She is so excited to be outside and play. Here she is driving her car and filling it up with gasy. Why she puts a y on the end I don't know? I guess it makes words sound more fun.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Jade is just too sweet! I love the hat! Luci love Kai Lan as well and I'm thrilled that she has an chinese educational show to watch--she's learned so much.

Sharon said...

Cool Mao Zhi ! We are Kai Lan fans here too.

Anonymous said...

Geez,I wish I could fill up my car with gasy from that same pump, then I wouldn't be out $75 each time. :) Those are adorable photos. I especially love the last two. I've never heard of the Ni*ck show but it sounds great. I do wish they had something similar in VNese. Enjoy the nice weather.

R&H said...

that is so adorable! we may have to use that for a preschool activity here :)
Elia watches Xuan Mai almost everyday, she sings in English and Vietnamese so that's really fun. Try to find them at a Vietnamese market in the USA (better yet in Vietnam!) They are much cheaper there than ordering them from Asia for kids!

Grandma S said...

Anyone who wears a hat of nature is a friend of mine. I think I will make an outfit of twigs and berries and wear it to school next week. How much does Jade get for a gallon of gassy? If it is competitive, I might be over to get some.