CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rollercoaster and pee pee pants

I have been so up and down in how I feel about the adoption of our son being completed from Vietnam. I feel good one day with news of referrals and I-600 approvals and feel all will work out. Then I hear yet another rumor about something else to happen (not good) and I get down right depressed. Do I want adoptions to be ethical ,well yeah ,of course. I think most adoptive parents do. I truly support all efforts to do so even if they are an "inconvenience" to our process. BUT if there is a shutdown (I fear to even write the word) what will happen to our son and all the other children waiting. They will still be in an orphanage not in a family. How is this ethical? I just wish we could get some kind of official news already. When I heard the latest no more referrals after June 1st rumor I think I went somewhat numb out of self protection because I feel like I just can't handle one more piece of unofficial negative information. I have always said I will just wait for official news but when will that be. The closer we get to referral the harder it gets because I feel like our son is probably born already. I know God has a plan for us and our children because of the miracle of our daughter. I just wish it wasn't so stinking stressful. I know when I hold my boy it will have been all worth it and I just try to meditate on that hope.

Okay so the pee pee pants part of the title. I will say I love to laugh and I'm glad God has surrounded me with family and friends with a good sense of humor. Anyway I did find some humor in this and luckily so did my dad. Jade has been learning to use the "big girl potty" and wearing "big girl underwear" during the day. She has done well and may have one or two pee pee accidents in a day. I teach the 2 and 3 year old Wednesday night class at church. Tonight I forgot to bring a change of pants in case Jade had an accident so of course she looked up at me and said, "I go potty." ( no the real phrase is I went potty) and yes she had had an accident. Oh well this happens right so she had to run around church in her new clean underwear and shirt only (thank God it us to be a dress so it was kinda long and I mean kinda) So after class we went down to my dad's office (he is a pastor) and all of a sudden I remembered that Jade had not sat on the potty in about an hour so I said to Jade, "Do you need to sit on the potty?" At that moment, as she is sitting on my dad's lap, he says, "Oh no what's that?" Sure enough she had peed on grandpa's lap. Big ol' wet spot too. So about that sense of humor thing, I'm glad we all had a good laugh at this and that it happened AFTER church was over. Maybe we still need the pullups on if we are out for more than a hour or bring extra clothes for everybody who holds Jade, hehe.

The weather has been great so Jade and I have been outside a lot lately. Warmth, sunshine and my kid just make me feel good!

Jade and her friend Millie at the park. Swinging and hugging.



Jade at the duck pond feeding the geese and ducks. She LOVED this!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I so know how you feel about the roller coaster thing. I've just about had it with the people that are willing to make statement on message boards without any idea as to whether or not there's any truth to it. Hang in there! I know it must be much more stressful for those of you that have been dealing with this for many months more than me.

LaLa said...

{{HUGS}} We WILL get through this. Like Meredith said, it drives me nuts that people post things and that agencies say things that aren't official. All it does is freak us all out!!

Sorry about the pee pee on the pants LOL

Laura said...

Oh my gosh. Where to start? I LOVE all of the photos - between your adorable subject and your skills, they're great! Jade looks precious in her piggies, the photo of Jade and her friend is precious, and I the shadows in your first photo are so cool. The pee pee story cracked me up! I love to laugh, too, so I had a good one at grandpa's expense. :) Finally, I'm so sorry about the uncertainty and the way you're feeling. We're home with our first, but it's not looking like our second will be from VN, and that breaks my heart. I know you're so close to a referral. I've heard so many rumors - a while back, it was May 1st, now it's June 1st. It's hard not to stress about them. An official announcement would be nice right about now!

Kelli said...

I just posted my roller coaster post- at least we know we are all in this together. I needed the potty story- too funny. I wanted to go pee pee in my pants when I heard the latest rumor. Well, really I thought I was going to be sick to my stomach. Hang in there!

Kelli said...

Forgot to mention- I LOVE that last pic of Jade. They are all cute!

Kate said...

I know how hard it is not to listen to rumors. I pray that they continue to grandfather us all in and that we're able to bring home our children. Just tonight, my husband and I were sitting down with our calendar to plan out vacation. Originally, we weren't planning on going anywhere so that we could save time to travel to VN at the end of the year. With the slow-down, a baby in 2008 is unlikely. I just pray we are able to bring are child home...PERIOD! It's nice to come online to my bloggy buddies for a little support, sympathy and most of all understanding! =)

dwayne and melanie said...

I just found your blog, and we are close to referral and the uncertainties are weighing on us too. Just know that God has brought you to this journey and you will reach your son. I will keep you in our prayers.

Sharon said...

I love the pic of her walking at the end ! It should be framed : ) I hear ya on the rollercoaster front. I've been waiting almost 24 months for our China referral now. This is a wait I thought would be 6-9 months when we started. Hang in there, you are close!