CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Prayer and Thanksgiving

After the news on Friday, I really just needed to let it all sink in and pray about it. Before I came to any conclusions I needed to really reflect. I am not one to express what I'm feeling very clearly when it come to complex issues as this one. I feel I do not know all the "politics" for lack of a better word involved. I do know that I have a tendency see things in grays so it is hard for me to totally take one side or the other because I feel the "whole truth" is usually in the middle somewhere. I just wish adoptions wouldn't have to shutdown. I wish the people who are involved in unethical practices would be stopped and ethical adoptions could continue so children who need families will still be placed in loving homes. I know things are usually never that simple.

I will say that I thank God for Jade. She is an absolute gift from God and no matter what happens I thank God for allowing me to be her mother. He is good!








2 comments:

LaLa said...

I know exactly how you feel. I am hopeful after waiting for our referral for 18 months now that we will make it and get our daughter/son home. Like you, I am so thankful for my daughter : )

Kelli said...

It was an overwhelming time (and still is) and took a lot of thought and reflection. Hope the status report tomorrow brings great news!