CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Is she really 3?

I was looking at some pictures of Jade when we first brought her home and I can't believe that she is three. I mean where has the time gone. I know people say this all the time but really? My husband was watching a video on the Chapman and the loss of their daughter Maria. He was talking about the song Cinderella he wrote about spending more time with his daughters while they are little because it goes by so fast. I have really been thinking about this lately and it reminded me how precious my time with Jade is and how fast it goes. Sometimes I don't feel like I appreciate this as much as I should. Worrying about things and trying to get things done (that of course need to be done) but my time with her is most important. So the Chapmans just reminded me to cherish every minute, even the challenging ones.
On that note, I just love how Jade is learning and interacting with me lately. She loves to pretend, especially if it has to do with food. (that's my girl) She loves to "cook" food and prepare it and have me help her. When I am cooking she says, "I help you" and runs and gets her stool. She is becoming very independent wanting to, as she would say, "I do this" do everything herself. I love while I am driving she will say, "Go this way" and point. Of course the best is when she says, "Hey mama, " and I say, "yeah" and she says, "I love you". What a blessing she is!!!



2 comments:

Kate said...

I love this post. It's so easy to get consumed with every day life. The Chapman family and their precious daughter, Maria, are a clear reminder that we all need to stop and smell the roses.

It goes so fast...

Kelli said...

Great post!

PS- go get your award on my blog. It's in honor of you and Jade!