CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Our bed is not our own, help!

Jade has got into the habit of coming into our bed at around 3 or 4 every morning. This would not bother me so much if she would stay in a general area on the bed. I love being suddenly woken up with a toddler foot landing across the bridge of my nose. I do at times feel uneasy with her in the bed with us and all our pillows. I feel especially bad for John since he has to get up and go to work in the morning and Jade and I can sleep in a little. She use to sleep in her room with no problem. Then all of a sudden she was terrified to fall asleep in her room so I let her fall asleep on the couch (after several attempts) and then put her in her bed. We have a routine and it is the same every night except for prayers in her room and kisses, it is now on the couch. Whenever she does sleep all night in her own bed (okay like twice in the last 30 days) I really praise her a lot. I have heard a lot of kids do this but I really rather she sleep in her own bed. I guess I have allowed her to do this so I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I can get her back in her bed. I will talk with her doc at her 3 year check up to see if he has any suggestions. Btw I love for her to come in and snuggle with me just not at 3 in the morning.


This picture is not related to the post but it is funny. We got her the Whack *A* Mole game a few months back and she fell asleep with the hammers in her hand. Look at the death grip on those babies.



I also wanted to say how heartbroken I am for all the families who will not receive a referral because of the VN/US shutdown. I have been thinking about this a lot and pray for peace for all who were waiting. I pray an agreement can be resolved quickly. I especially hurt for the children who are involved. I hope for the day where there will never be any barriers to children in need of forever families.

3 comments:

Grandma S said...

Hammer Time! Does Jade speak of scary dreams when she comes to your room? I can remember a couple children of mine that came in my bed when they were that age. Have you googled for advice on the internet? You are doing such a good job raising her, that I think this is just a temporary phase.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that photo is soooo cute! Okay, so I have no advice for you, but I guess I should probably stop telling Ed that I really wish Matty would sleep in our bed, huh? He's never been able to co-sleep and that makes me sad, so I mentioned that I might try to get him to sleep with us. I'm thinking twice about that now... :)

S. said...

hello kitty air mattress on the floor next to your bed. Good luck! It will pass eventually!