CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

I would like to thank...

Kelli for awarding me the Smile Award. Kelli and I are both Special Education teachers and this will definitely bond people. I love her blog and have enjoyed, stressed, and dreamed on this adoption journey. Plus she always helps me with my "how to " blogging questions.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:


  1. Must display a cheerful attitude.

  2. Must love one another.

  3. Must make mistakes.

  4. Must learn from others.

  5. Must be a positive contributor to the blog world.

  6. Must love life.

  7. Must love kids.

Cheerful attitude, well I really do try my best to do this since life is short and I want to enjoy it while I am here. Love one another well, it is one of the greatest commandments and one of my most favorite verses. Make mistakes, well that one is a no brainier. Learn from others, well isn't this the best way to learn. Positive contributor to the blog world. If it is about the blessing of adoption I would say yes. Love life, how can I not with all the blessings God has given me. Love kids, well I do have a degree in education and definitely love my kid so okay I guess that meets all 7.

These are the rules for The Smile Award.



  1. The recipient must link back the award's creator.

  2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.

  3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after you receive it.

  4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award.

  5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.

  6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.

  7. You must thank the giver.

And here are the 5 people I choose for the Smile Award:


Susan she and I have been friends for about 5 years now. Her daughter Millie is a joy and one of Jade's closest buddies. I admire her strength, perseverance and dedication to her daughter who she obviously loves so very much.

Nene and I have also been friends for 5 years. She definitely loves life and her new bundle of joy, her son Jonah. She has been there for me during some very challenging times in my life and she always makes me feel loved. And love kids, well she does teach first graders.

Kirsten is a friend I have recently meet through an adoption group I belong to. She has three wonderful children adopted here in the US. Many of her posts are very touching. She has such a wonderful heart for children in need of families.

Kelly I have followed her blog for about a year now. Her daughter Lucy is absolutely adorable. She had recently given me some reassuring words that were truly needed and appreciated. She also has wonderful photography skills and I really enjoy her photos.

Meredith and her husband were hoping to adopt from VN but their journey has taken a turn towards Ethiopia. She has had a very hopeful outlook through this journey to bring her child home and she is an encouragement to me.


2 comments:

Jeanine :) said...

Thanks for the :) Award C-Mon! Thanks for making me smile! Love ya!

Laura said...

You have it coming! Your writing and that incredibly adorable little Jade always put a smile on my face.