CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

One year Anniversary and Reflection

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of this blog. I remember the stress I was feeling last year not knowing if Liam would ever come home. As I have heard other AP/PAPs describe it as all consuming. I have to say besides caring for my daughter this is what I thought about. Amazing how much one will consume their thoughts with things they have no control over. I don't know how many hours I searched blog after blog after website looking for information about what was going to happen between VN and the US and how this would affect our adoption. I guess one thing I have learned (yet always have known yet not internalized) is that worry changes nothing and takes up time for other positive productive things I could be doing. Of course we did bring Liam home and worries about that have ceased. I will never forget about all those AP/PAPs whose dreams of bringing home a child from VN did not come to pass before the deadline. Many have new journey's to children from other countries but I am sure that the loss of a child from VN will always be there and I can't help but to think about those individuals on this anniversary.

So this comes into play as I think about the blessings of my two children. They are the absolute greatest earthly blessing I have ever been given. I feel so lucky that God choose for me to mother these two kids. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and for years I didn't know how or if it would happen. It sure didn't happen as I planned but even more amazing and life changing then I could have imagined. People sometimes say what a blessing to give Jade and Liam a home but they don't understand how they have been a blessing to me and that really I am the lucky one who has grown and had my eyes opened to many things because of the adoption of my children. I am so thankful to God for the path of motherhood he choose for me.

I took a picture of Jade holding Liam and now she likes to pull him on her lap and say, "Mama, take a picture."


Busy busy little man.



This is a rare occasion, Jade in a princess dress.



Story time at the Library. Liam's first time there. He was so excited he later spit up ALL over this outfit.


In deep thought


3 comments:

Kate said...

How a year changes things! God has blessed you twice over!

Kelli said...

Happy blogaversary (?)! It's amazing what a difference a year makes, huh? The kiddos are looking as cute as ever!

Kelly said...

I remember when your blog was brand new. Our babies are such blessings!!! It is crazy how we have been blessed.