CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Partying Lunar New Year Style!

We had a New Year celebration over at my parents house. This is our first Lunar New Year as a family of four. We had all kinds of Asian food from Chinese, Vietnamese, and Japanese. My brother loves to cook so I always enjoy coming over to eat his food. He has a real knack for what goes together and like to cook challenging food. He also had his friend Ji over from Shanghai here completing her masters and she help with some of the Chinese techniques to the dishes. I love how this is a regular family event now. We have celebrated it for the last 4 years and it is becoming tradition. I hope to learn about more traditions for celebrating the new year so my children can pass this on as well.

All dressed up and ready to go to the party


The spread (some of it anyway)


Daddy being goofy with Li


First time with bubbles. My dad said, Liam is a bubble freak!"


I can blow them myself now


Jade and Olivia in their new year best

Now that's happy


Beautiful cake from a nearby Taiwanese bakery


The group

My beautiful girl!


Here's your red envelope back. I'll takes what's in it.

Moola!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh my, I had no idea our boys looked so similar until I saw the first photo of Liam smiling! Wow, what a resemblance.

I try to get my family involved in some sort of CNY/Tet celebration and I can't seem to get them interested. I invite them over, but they don't come. Any ideas?

Kelli said...

Looks like a fun party! And lots of yummy food!

Jessica said...

It looks like you had a great time! I wish i could cook like that. or at least knew someone who could cook like that.

LaLa said...

What a fun time with your cuties!! Awesome to get the family involved...we just go to the local FCC/FCA parties..I would love to do a party but don't have a cook.can I borrow yours ??