CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let It Snow!

We have had some heavy snow fall over the past 48 hours. We have got close to a foot of snow with some ice in between here and there. I have had quite the workout shoveling us out when we need to go somewhere. Oh how I love northeastern Ohio (sometimes not so much). Now Jade being from southern China (only 200 miles from the Vietnamese border) oddly enough loves the snow. She kept saying "outside, outside". So we decided to bundle up and make a snowman. When we got outside the wind chill was pretty cold but Jade was loving it.


Just because this is under the porch in storage doesn't mean we can't use it according to Jade. Jade saw her slide and was so excited since she hasn't been on it since October. Sliding in the middle of winter (okay end of winter but you can't tell by the weather here) why not . It's like sledding without the sled. (huh)
I was freezing my butt off after about 5 minutes but Jade was having so much fun throwing snow and rolling in it. It kinda of reminded me of the time at the beach with her, without the teeth chattering and 3 layers of clothing.
Okay the snowman plan didn't quite work we didn't have good "packing" snow. So we made some snow art. Jade added the decorative stick on top.
As we were going inside, Jade thought she would help me shovel. (which is actually a snow rake for the van) She loves to do what mommy is doing so cute.
Hopefully this is the last of the heavy stuff. I'm ready for Spring!!!

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Ok...you got REAL snow : ) Love the slide and snow art. What a cutie she is.

Meredith said...

What I wouldn't give for some real snow (but maybe not quite as much as you have)! We've had 3 (yes, 3) ice storms this winter, but no snow. How cute is Jade all bundled up!!

Kelly said...

Love the snow pictures. I can't even imagine weather like that. Being from the south my entire life, I have never seen anything like it. I must admit, I am loving our warm weather right now.

Laura said...

Okay, I had to wrap myself up in a blanket just to *look* at those photos! Oh. My. Gosh. :) Jade looks like she had a ball. How adorable, all bundled in her warm jacket. BTW, what is it with these kiddos from warm climates doing well in the cold? I admit it's nowhere close to your kind of cold in DC, but I'm *dying* here and Mattix is totally chill. Actually, the jacket annoys him. Glad you had fun and didn't freeze to death!