CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Bye Bye Blue, Hello ?

Well our beloved Betta "Blue" kicked the bucket a couple of days ago. He was Jade's first fish. On the night of his passing. I had put him in the toilet yet forgot to flush him right away, oops. When Jade went in to brush her teeth she saw him in their and said, "fishy, fishy." I could tell she wasn't necessarily sad he was there just confused. So I said, " Oh yeah, fishy is going bye bye". And Jade replied matter of factly, "bye, bye fishy". I don't think she quite understood what happened to fishy so I decided to leave it at that. So today we went out to get another Betta. Jade picked him out (along with a snail) and she seems perfectly happy with this new one. No new name though just Fishy and Snail for now.

I think she like the snail the most.
He seems happy in his new home. Better then that cup of water he was in at the store.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Too cute! Did your blog just get a makeover? I like it!!

Erica said...

Hi Cinnamon--thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I think we are actually with the same VN agency (same as Kelli K.). Good to see another family that will have kids from China and Vietnam!

Erica
http://www.home4haven.blogspot.com/
http://erica-mayling.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

Ohhhh, poor Blue! Did you see the movie Old School? The old guy that died mud wrestling was named Blue and I keep thinking of that. Ugh - I need a life! Anyway, I'm glad the whole toilet incident didn't go any further. :) BTW, is that a real bamboo in the water? I LOVE bamboo - my house is full of it (only thing I can keep alive). I never thought of putting it in a fish tank.

Kate said...

I've been enjoying your blog. Your daughter is too precious! So sorry about poor Blue! =)

Kelli said...

Poor Blue- glad Jade wasn't too upset. I vividly remember when my goldfish died. I was about 10 and I killed it- put water that was too warm in it's bowl. Very traumatic and I cried for days!

Grandma S said...

Your fish tank looks cool. I can tell you have had Pet Store experience. Nothing says home sweet home like a pet, or two, or three...