CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chicago

Well we made it here. Jade was really great in the car. I think the portable DVD player helped a lot. We also made it before rush hour! If you have ever been here during it this is a big deal. John has school for work tomorrow so Jade and I will be stuck in the hotel most of the day. I could go to the strip mall across the street but John said, " Have fun getting across that street holding a 30 pound toddler!" Of course I forgot the stroller. Every time I go on a trip I ALWAYS forget something. This time it was the stroller, shampoo for Jade and wipes. I almost bought one at Target but I just couldn't bring myself to do it since we have 3 at home. I always keep one in the van but we brought a company car. If we go shopping at the big mall I'll rent one and Purell every square inch (I'm a bit of a germ-a- phoebe and it doesn't help that Jade has been in the hospital twice with an allergic reaction to a virus and a staph infection she needed surgery for). I hope we can make it over to Chinatown too. The one here is a lot larger than the one we have in Cleveland.

Downtown: Sears Tower

Jade has been doing better at saying, "Cheese" when we point the camera in her directions. Here she was taking a drink of milk just I turned around to take a picture. NICE! If you can click on this to enlarge it really shows the milk action through the teeth.



Oh yeah baby, some Hi Ho Cherry-O. (We play our own version for now)



Then we swam in the pool. John was coming up behind us so Jade was screaming her head off.
So we got the camera to get a little video. She didn't scream quite as loud but it is so funny! You might want to make sure your volume isn't too high.



Chill'n poolside baby!


Well I'm off to bed. The hotel couldn't put a crib in our room because of the two beds (this was all they had available) so I'm bunking with my girl tonight. I'm sure I'll be mule kicked all night long. (I better sleep with a pillow over my head, hehe).

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you made it safely and that the car ride was enjoyable. That makes life so much easier when you don't have a little one screaming in the back of the car. The portable dvd is a life saver!

Kelli said...

I LOVE Chicago. Have fun!

Grandma S said...

Ni hao! I played your video over and over just to hear Jade's sweet voice. I thought she had rabies with that foaming of the mouth. What video did Jade have to watch over and over?

Laura said...

Fun! I'm glad the car ride went so well for you. I used to be a huge germ-a-phobe, but I've lost it a bit. HOWEVER, I would so still be one if we had those experiences. Scary!