CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey & Bird Nerd Alert

My husband loves hockey (Detroit Red Wings are his favorite, hence the shirts) so we went to a Lake Erie Monster's game in Cleveland last night. They are a minor league team so it wasn't too expensive to go. We were in the nose bleed section so I thought Jade might be afraid. My little daredevil thought it was so cool to be up so high and kept wanting to play on the steps ahhh! She actually enjoyed some of the game. I think she really liked the mascot and music. Every time the music played she would shake her booty. Then when it stopped she was like, "more music, more music."



Here is Jade and her daddy dressed like twinkies.


What a ham!
My mom is really into birds and actually lives behind a protected wetland. I like watching the birds out her window and she has this cool feeder that suction cups to the window. She got one for me a couple days ago and I LOVE my new feeder. I got my first rush of birds last night. I was going, "oh, oh look a Cardinal, oh a Chick-a- Dee, Blue jay, Blue jay." So I either need to get out more or I am officially becoming a bird nerd (as my mom calls it). The only bad things is now my hubby has a nice display of bird crap on the back window of his car. Which he likes to park in the street under a tree that all my new winged friends are hanging out in. oops!


5 comments:

Kelli said...

Growing up in Michigan made me (forced me?) to be a Red Wing's fan! As for birds, I like to watch them, but have a huge fear of them (especially parrots and geese)- yet another childhood trauma!

Kelly said...

Love the pics from the hockey game. Looks like fun. My dad is a bird nerd, and I must say, I really enjoy watching them when I am at their house.

Kate said...

Love the pictures! Your daughter has an adorable smile!

Laura said...

A bird nerd! I love it. I'm obsessed with humming birds, but I no longer keep a feeder b/c I'm afraid of forgetting to change out the nectar mixture; when I read that "old" stuff can make them sick and kill them, I stopped. Maybe when I get a little more organized again, I too will be a "bird nerd" again. My favorite photo is the one of Jade and Daddy. Very adorable. I love hockey! This is going to sound so bad and this is horrible of me b/c I'm not at all a violent person, but I feel let down if I leave a hockey game and the gloves didn't come off at least once. That generally happens more at the pro games, but as far as I'm concered, it's not a hockey game without a few punches. What's wrong with me?!?! I don't think we'll be taking Mattix to hockey games b/c it might confuse him when his mom is cheering on the fights, then telling him never to hit. :)

Grandma S said...

Go Bird Nerds!!!!!!!!!!!! Little chickadees are so precious. I am glad you are bringing Jade up right to love nature. Maybe we can write a little kids book "Jade and the Birdies!"