CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello Blizzard!!






No you have not just tuned into the Weather Channel. Yes, this is China + Vietnam = Love and yes this is what it looks like outside. Remember my post before last when I mentioned that I hope this is the end of the heavy stuff. Well, I must have jinxed us because we are now having a MAJOR snow storm. It started yesterday mid morning and is suppose to go till tomorrow morning. We have gotten 17 inches so far. and should have 20 when it is all said and done. Yes, I live near Cleveland and yes I am use to snow but wow this is a lot. Here is the funny thing. Some friends and I had a baby shower for my friend Jeanine (that we have been working on for weeks). It was this morning at 10:00. We thought about cancelling it but what we were going to call all 300 members of the church! so yes at 7:00 this morning off I went along with another friend of mine to set up at the church. Boy was this an adventure! I got stuck in the drive so hubby had to dig me out. It took me forever to get there. My friend Susan was there to help me set up and she was looking shocked. She was cracking me up because she said," I was so scared. I was like praying the whole time (hands on the wheel at 10 and 2) sitting as close to the windshield as possible because my wipers kept freezing." The shower went well and a few did show up. I'm glad the mommy to be has four wheel drive and a helpful hubby.I bet this will be going in her baby book. But no the adventure doesn't stop there because we have to go back home. Half way home it was really coming down, I mean white out! When I got to my street, I got stuck in the middle of the road. My husband (who was shoveling the drive for the fourth time) saw me and came over to help. He could not get the van up the drive so he had to shovel the STREET too so he could pull it in. Now he is asleep (I think he has shoveled more today then in his whole life). So I am not going to say I hope this is the end of the heavy stuff (because then what, we will get 4 feet)hehe. So any of my southern readers please send some WARM weather our way!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Now that is some snow! I can't believe you were crazy enough to get out in that! :) Growing up in Arkansas, the entire world stopped with just an inch or two of snow. I'm a little more used to it now, but I don't think I could handle that!

Kelly said...

WOW! That is insane. I really can't believe you got out in that. I would have been so scared. Glad you made it there and back safely.

Kelli said...

I sure am glad we only got about 6 inches and you got the rest! I really, really hope we don't see any more snow this month!

Laura said...

OH MY GOSH! That is crazy!!!! I can't even get over it. You guys are far braver than I am. I wouldn't walk out the door, let alone drive! Great story, though. Your friend will remember her baby shower forever!

Laura said...

Okay, I came back again today to look at those pictues because I can't even get over it! Seriously, I wouldn't ever leave the house, not even for food (and trust me, that's saying a lot)!